Canadian Geographic Photo Club - Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

by Jenny_Stevens from Westport, ON CA on 09 Jul 2018

Even though many parts of the tiger lily are edible by people, the pollen is toxic, causing sleepiness and vomiting. Every part of this lily is poisonous to cats. Tiger lilies are highly tolerant to plant diseases and viruses and tend to carry the infections without showing many symptoms. They pass the plant disease on to other lilies planted nearby.

  • Camera: NIKON D5
tagged: tiger lily

1 comment

Sticks posted 2018-07-10 7:29pm

Beautiful capture - I love it :)


Add a comment

You can either register for a community profile, or sign in with your Facebook account by clicking the button below.

Login with Facebook

Why use Facebook Login?

  • Quickly register and login when you return.
  • Allow your Facebook friends to see your uploads and comments on your profile.